There was a really interesting panel for this event:
Emily Johnston from Fashion Fois Gras @fashionfoiegras
Louise Court who is the Editor of Bristis Cosmopolitan: @LouiseCosmoEd
Kat Williams from RocknRoll Bride: +Rock n Roll Bride
Dominic Smales @domsmales
Andreas Pouros Co-Founder and COO at Greenlight: +Andreas Pouros
Vicki Fogwill @chirpster10
These are the main points that I picked up from the event:
- Don't be afraid to repel as well as to attract people
- Blog at the same time everyday so that your readers get into a routine.
- Talk to readers and find out what they want
- Check analytics's to see when people are reading
- It's important to have good imagery on the blog
We were also told the Dos and Don'ts of blogging:
- Don't give up
- Do be tenacious
- Do think about the brands you want to work with and how you can work together
- Don't send emails demanding invites and freebies
- Do be honest
- Don't write things and just assume people are interested
- Use Google to search for keyword topics
- Do value your work- think with a business brain
- Don't be controversial for the sake of it
- Do use social media- tweet to big brands
- Don't get frustrated
- Do look at rival blogs
- Don't misbehave on twitter
- Do network
- Don't just sit at the computer and write, you can find inspiration outside the house.
Since the event I have been putting all these tips into practice for the blog on my website MyCarGossip.
It was a brilliant event and we even got a bag full of beauty products to take home!